Name: Guenevere DeCuir
Store Name: .:CoLLisions:.
How long has your store been open: ** Will be 5 years in February
What do you sell: Tattoos & Accessories
1) Sl offers its residents a wide variety of opportunities for creation and design. What elements inspired you, to begin creating?
** I’ve always been intrigued by different cultures, traditions, stories and even languages. Most if not all of my products start with that inspiration and build up from there.
2) Success is often the ability to turn obstacles into opportunities. What have been some of your greatest achievements since you began designing?
** Oh just in the past year or so I’ve seen a vast amount of praise for my work which makes me extremely proud. Tattoo designers are often overlooked in SL as a “serious genre” so I’m so happy to get chosen for events where there’s little or no other Tattoo stores at all.
3) Learning is a lifelong process, and none of us are expect from the lessons life teaches us. What has been the hardest things to overcome, and what lessons has it taught you?
** Probably teaching myself how to make jewelry. I’ve always been savvy with geometric shapes… but somehow applying that to a 3-dimensional space with tiny rings, beads and charms? That’s not quite as easy. It’s quite different than making jewelry in RL too, yet a lot of my designs could probably be worn as a RL piece.
4) What are your plans for the future where your business is concerned?
** I’m actually working on a line of Hats, Rings and even some cultural Wall Displays if things go right.
5) Based on your own experiences, what advice would you offer to new builders, designers and content creators?
** Above all else, you must have patience. Your very first creation is -not- going to look like someone’s who’s been building for 2+ years in SL. Keep practicing with textures and shapes, and over time it’ll get better.
Guen’s Favorite Design?
When asked why this was chosen as her favorite design, Guen responded, “The Thoth necklace is a design that was done completely out of my comfort zone, and is my most complex jewelry design to date.”
Want to see more of the fantastic creations from the mind of Guen Decuir-Legion? CoLLisions is the start location of the Secret Santa Hunt. Poke around while you are there. You’ll find a wide variety of high quality merchandise to add pizazz to your look. Hit the logo in the sidebar or click over to the hints page to get a clue and cab ride.